- Saif Ali Khan To Play A Naga Sadhu In His Next! Read Details
- Taimur Is A GUNDA, Says Daddy Saif Ali Khan!
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: On Karisma Kapoor's Birthday, Kareena & Sonam Paint The Town Red!
- A BIG LET DOWN: These Superstars Will Not Be Attending The IIFA Awards 2018
- London Diaries: Kareena Kapoor & Karisma Kapoor Head To London With Daddy Randhir Kapoor, View Pics
- Forget Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan; Taimur Steals The Thunder In London! View Pictures
"I have been offered a Bengali film and I am thinking about it. I love the way Bengali directors project their heroines beautifully and aesthetically," Kapoor told PTI. However she didn't disclose details of the Bengali film which she is considering. Admitting that she is a great fan of the late Bengali directors Satyajit Ray and Rituparno Ghosh, the 33-year-old said she would love to act in Bengali films. "But then I do not know too many people in the Bengali film industry and I do not know the language Bengali. So far no one has dubbed for me so I am thinking how to do it," Kapoor, known for films like 'Jab We Met', 'Chameli', 'Bodyguard' and 'Omkara', said.
When asked about her mother-in-law Sharmila Tagore, who has acted in a number of Bengali films, she said she will definitely consult her as she knows the industry in and out. "I respect her deeply and we are very close," she said adding that in Kolkata, she is in love with the sweet taste of 'mishti doi' and the sweetness of the Bengali language. Just like Sharmila, she is also a celebrity advocate for international child rights body UNICEF. "I have done a lot of work with them in the last one year on child education.
In rural areas and small towns children don't even go to schools and don't have the right to education as they work in farms and are made to work at home also," Kapoor said blaming lack of education for issues like early marriage and rape.