- Sourabh Raaj Jain To Host A Radio Show & Share Thoughts On Life!
- Latest TRP Ratings: Kumkum Bhagya Beats Jodha Akbar!
- Top 10 Most Watched Indian TV Shows: Diya Aur Baati Hum, Jodha Akbar, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein...
- Star Parivaar Awards 2014: Biggest Most Grandest Affair!
- Star Plus’ Mahabharat Bags Best Drama Series At Star Guild Awards 2014!
Legendary filmmaker and director of popular television serial Mahabharat, Ravi Chopra passed away at the age of 68 years on Wednesday. The news has shocked both the Chopra family and the entire Bollywood film industry as well.
A few days ago he had been admitted to the Mumbai's Breach Candy Hospital and today his untimely death in Mumbai has shocked his family members. He had been previously admitted to the hospital owing to lung ailment in 2012, but at that time he had recovered quickly.
He belongs to one of the most powerful Bollywood family, Chopra. His father was famous director and producer B.R Chopra and his uncle was filmmaker Yash Chopra who also passed away a few years ago.
Aditya and Uday Chopra, Yash Chopra's sons are actually Ravi Chopra's cousins who now head the Yash Raj Films. Ravi Chopra has directed hit movies like The Burning Train, Baghban, Zameer, Mazdoor and Babul. He also produced films Bhoothnath and Bhoothnath Returns that starred Amitabh Bachchan in the lead role.
According to sources, the funeral is said to be held early in the morning tomorrow and the entire Bollywood industry will be present to pay their respects to this legendary director. May his soul rest in peace.