- Must-watch Indian Web Series That Celebrate Indian Women & Womanhood
- Swimsuit-clad Lisa Haydon Rides A Cycle On The Beach In Goa! View Pictures
- Lisa Haydon Finally Revealed Her Son Zack's Face & The Toddler Is Melting Our Hearts!
- Lisa Haydon's Latest Bikini Pictures Will Set The Temperatures Soaring!
- Bollywood Stars Wearing SCAMSTER Nirav Modi's Jewellery Collection! View Pictures
- Bollywood Celebrities Who Posed With SCAMSTER Nirav Modi In His Hay Days! Pictures
Having found acclaim for her bohemian Parisian girl act in 'Queen', model-actress Lisa Haydon is now looking forward to the release of 'The Shaukeens' in which she is making her debut as a solo heroine.
The film, which has Akshay Kumar in a cameo appearance, is the 28-year-old actress' third Bollywood venture after 'Aisha' and 'Rascals', which were both multi-starrers.
"I did not expect that I would get to work with Akshay as a solo heroine in a commercial film. It has been possible only after 'Queen'. It is really exciting as an actor that that I have scenes after scenes in a movie. I just loved that feeling that I was given an acting opportunity such as this," Lisa told PTI.
'The Shaukeens' is a remake of the 1982 film 'Shaukeen' directed by Basu Chatterjee. The new film stars Anupam Kher, Piyush Mishra and Annu Kapoor, who are lusting after a much younger girl, played by Lisa.
"I had no hesitation being a part of the movie. Although it is a remake, the concept of our film is completely different from the original. The movie is a very clean comedy. It has a contemporary setting.And also I got to work with three veteran and prolific actors like Anupam ji, Annu ji and Piyush ji. I could not have asked for more," said the actress, adding she has not watched the original film.
'The Shaukeens' has been directed by Abhishek Sharma of 'Tere Bin Laden' fame and produced by Akshay. It will hit theatres on November 7.