- JUST IN! Bollywood Actor Sonu Sood To Play The Role Of Arjuna In Muniratna's Kurukshetra!
- When You're An Outsider In Bollywood, No One Wants To Meet You: Sonu Sood
- Hombanna Film Making Noise Overseas; Sonu Sood And Sudeep Wish Luck For The Kannada Movie
- Producing P.V. Sindhu Biopic Challenging: Sonu Sood
- Are You Listening Shraddha? Deepika Padukone Approached For A Biopic On Badminton Ace PV Sindhu?
- Sonu Sood's Next A Biopic
After the release of his big-ticket picture Happy New Year (HNY) actor Sonu Sood has pressed the 'pause' button in his career. The idea is to watch the audience and the film trade's reaction to his performance in the movie and to take his career to the next level.
"I am looking at HNY as a cut-off point in my career. I am hoping that one phase of my professional life has ended and a new one will begin. I've therefore signed no films after HNY. I want to see the reaction to my performance as one of the film's protagonists," said Sonu.
Happy New Year actor Sonu Sood confesses that the confidence to take such a big decision comes from Shahrukh Khan who has produced the film and also acted in it.
"It is to his credit that he gave me prominence in all the promotion and marketing of Happy New Year. He praises my performance at every given opportunity. That has boosted my self confidence. I've done dozens of Hindi, Telugu and Tamil films in strong supporting roles, both negative and positive. It's time for me to take the lead now," he said.
Hopefully, Happy New Year would do the trick for Sonu. "I can't believe audiences are clapping and cheering at my entry. It's almost unreal. It's time for me to indulge in some serious herogiri," said the actor who visited theatres to see the response.
"The break between what I've done before Happy New Year and what I'll do after would be decisive," Sonu added.