- Bikini Alert! Ruhi Singh's Latest Pictures Are Too Hot To Handle
- I've Only Heard Positive Reviews For Indu Sarkar: Madhur Bhandarkar
- Last Few Days Were Traumatising: Bhandarkar On Indu Sarkar Release
- Indu Sarkar Movie Review: Ends Up As A Muffled Voice Rather Than A Heart-Wrenching Scream!
- Angry With Selective Activism In Bollywood: Madhur Bhandarkar
- EXPOSE! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Left Me SHOCKED & Devastated For Her SELFISH Reasons: Bhandarkar
- Monika Lara Smith Plans To Launch Her Own 2018 Lingerie & Topless Calendar!
Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar will be honoured at the 11th edition of the Syracuse International Film Festival to be held in New York from October 5 to 12.
The 46-year-old National award-winning director will be presented the special Sophia award.
"Delighted that the Syracuse Film Festival in New York has chosen to honour me with their prestigious Sophia," Bhandarkar posted on twitter.
Besides the felicitation, two of Bhandarkar's films - Priyanka Chopra-starrer 'Fashion' and 'Heroine' starring Kareena Kapoor- will be screened in the 'Film from India' section at the festival.
"As part of the event 'Fashion' and 'Heroine' will be screened on October 11 and 12. This will be my first visit to Syracuse. Looking forward," he added.
The Syracuse International Film Festival was created in 2003 by Owen J Shapiro and his wife, Christine Fawcett-Shapiro. Over the past ten years, the fest has grown beyond an annual festival event to become a year-round producer of screenings and media-related programs.