- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
Southern actor Adithya Menon, who has worked in films such as Villua and Eega, says his upcoming Hindi film Main Hoon Rajinikanth is a a "tribute" to the Tamil superstar and is not intended to portray him in a "bad light".
Actor Rajinikanth Wednesday petitioned in Madras High Court for a stay on the release of Main Hoon Rajinikanth" for using his name without his consent.
"Our film is a tribute to the 'thalaivar' (Rajinikanth). It's a comedy satire that will leave audiences in splits. Nobody would dare to show Rajini sir in bad light through a film. How could we possibly do it," Adithya. "Besides the name, there's nothing in our film that defames Rajini sir. I'm sure when people watch the film, they'll realize it's a clean comedy entertainer," he said.
Directed by Faisal Saif, "Main Hoon Rajinikanth" features Adithya Menon in the lead as a CBI officer-cum-contract killer Rajinikanth Rao. The film, produced by Varsha Production House, also features Kavita Radheshyam, Smita Gondkar, Reema Lagoo, Sunil Pal, Ganesh Yadav and Shakti Kapoor in important roles.
Adithya hopes that the stay on the film's release will be revoked soon. "I hope we get to release our film smoothly. We have completed shooting. My director and producer will take a final call on this matter," he said.