- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Regret Rejecting Big Banner Films Starring Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan?
- Shahrukh Khan Refuses To Leave Gauri Khan's Hand At Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Reception: A Huge Cake, Aishwarya's 'Buntsangha' & SRK-Salman's Dance!
- Stars Spotted At Sonam Kapoor's RECEPTION: Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Ranbir, Katrina, Alia & Others [PICS]
- Madhuri Dixit Reveals What She Likes The Most About Shahrukh Khan!
Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, who was Tuesday conferred the Knight of the Legion of Honour, France's highest honour, said it was his mother's birthday and if she were alive, she would have been extremely happy.
"It's my mother's birthday. If she was alive, apart from being extremely old, she would have been extremely happy that her son has got the highest and the most prestigious honour in the world... so thank you on behalf of my mother," Shahrukh said.
The honour was conferred on the actor in recognition of his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world. SRK tweeted on Twitter, "Moms b'day & Knight of the Legion of Honour. If she was alive apart from being extremely old she would be very happy. Thx all that is French."
Created in 1802 by Napoleon Bonaparte, the honour is the highest award given for outstanding service to France, regardless of the nationality of the recipient. SRK is the second Bollywood celebrity after Amitabh Bachchan to receive this honour by the French government.
Shah Rukh also said a few lines in French during the award ceremony here. Meanwhile, King Khan had a successful eye surgery and the Jab Tak Hai Jaan actor read lines without wearing specs. He even said that the eye surgery was a success and now he doesn't need to wear specs to read anymore.
Even at this special occasion, SRK showed his charm, enjoyed with everyone and looked really happy!