- How Is Shahrukh Khan In Real Life, Arrogant, Full Of Attitude Or Humble? Fans Reveal The Truth
- 21 Years Of Yes Boss: Juhi Chawla's Throwback Pic With SRK Will Crack You Up!
- Shahrukh Khan's Meer Foundation Sets Up An Initiative For Acid-Attack Survivors!
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Shahrukh Khan Pulls Wife Gauri Khan's Leg With His Hilarious Comment On Her Pic With Suhana!
- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
Quashing reports that Dilwale Duhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ) will be removed from Maratha Mandir in December after running for 19 years, its managing director Manoj Desai said that the news is "false".
The boy meets girl story narrated by Aditya Chopra into the magical DDLJ worked wonders at the box office despite a predictable plot line. The movie has been playing in Maratha Mandir since its release on Oct 20, 1995. In 2007, it broke the record set by Sholay by a full seven years.
And the movie buffs with a taste for romance are still coming in, notwithstanding its many re-runs on the TV channels, online viewing facilities as well as many DVDs floating around.
"We are not planning to remove DDLJ show. It was a false report. In fact, this December DDLJ will be in its 1,000 week," Desai told.
A single screen theatre, Maratha Mandir runs other movies as well, but the matinee show has been booked for DDLJ.
"We have DDLJ show daily at 11.30 a.m. and on weekdays there is 40 to 50 percent occupancy and on the weekend it runs houseful.
"Myself and Aditya Chopra will continue to show the film in Maratha Mandir as long as we want to," he added.
Though the story was insipid, its presentation and the chemistry between the lead pair - Shahrukh and Kajol - struck the right chord with the audience and the film's music was like a icing on the cake.