- Kajol To Play Ajay Devgn's Wife In Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior?
- Helicopter Eela Poster: Kajol Plays An Overprotective Mother; Says She's Here, There & Everywhere!
- After Chanakya, Ajay Devgn To Play India's Legendary Football Coach Syed Abdul Rahim!
- Ajay Devgn To Play Chanakya In Neeraj Pandey's Next; Has This To Say About His Role!
- Ileana D'cruz Posts A Backless Picture On Instagram & Drops The 'F-Bomb'
- Helicopter Eela: Kajol Reveals The First Look Poster Of Her Next Film & It's Quite Interesting!
Bollywood action star Ajay Devgn, who was given a National Film Award for his performance in Zakhm, says he misses hearing scripts as moving as the 1998 movie. He feels the new generation writers in Hindi filmdom are not penning such scripts anymore.
"'Zakhm' I would say, is one of my best characters and the sole reason for that is when I had heard the story by Mahesh Bhatt sahab, it was so touching that we used to have tears in our eyes," Ajay said.
He admits people are experimenting with non-commercial cinema, but says "the problem is that I have not heard a script which moves me like 'Zakhm' did."
Ajay Devgn is proud that he has been the trend setter of such films.
"I was the one who started this trend by doing films like 'Zakhm', 'Thakshak' and 'Raincoat' or else the actors of commercial cinema never did these kind of films. The depth is missing in the new generation and people are not writing such scripts."
Zakhm also featured Pooja Bhatt and depicted communal tension between two religions in contemporary society.