- OMG! Sonam Kapoor Talks About Bhansali, Says I Don't Think I Am His Kind Of Actor
- SLB Reveals! Why Deepika Padukone Was Not Ready To Shoot Ghoomar & What Happened When He Got Slapped
- PIL In High Court Claims Padmaavat Glorifies Sati
- A BIG MISTAKE? Shahrukh Khan REJECTED Khilji's Role In Padmaavat; Is He Regretting His Decision Now?
- Priya Varrier Would Love To Work With Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh & Sidharth Malhotra!
- Those Who Think My Cinema Is About Excesses, To Them I Can Only Say Sorry: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Lingerie Babe Farrah Kader's Latest Pictures Will Make You Swoon! Too Hot To Handle
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who co-produced the film Mary Kom, says M.C. Mary Kom's victory of India's first women's boxing gold in Asian Games in Incheon, is no surprise, given her "tenacity and passion".
"She is a true hero. I am not surprised by her victory. I expected her to bring the gold home from the Asian Games. Mary has the tenacity and the passion. These are qualities that prompted us to make a film on her life in the first place," Bhansali said.
Mary Kom is a biopic based on the ups and downs of the star boxer's life. Featuring Priyanka Chopra and Darshan Kumar, it is directed by first timer Omung Kumar.
Darshan, who played Mary Kom's husband in the biopic, said, "We are all super-proud of the super-woman. Congrats Mary for the wonderful victory. You've made India shine with your gold. I feel blessed to have been part of a film about your life."
Mary Kom punched her way to victory, defeating Kazakhstan's Zhaina Shekerbekova in the flyweight (48-51kg) final in Incheon Wednesday.