- Ranbir Kapoor Went BANKRUPT After Jagga Jasoos's Failure; Reveals How Bhansali Almost BROKE His Back
- Did Sanjay Leela Bhansali Drop The Idea Of Working With Salman Khan? We're As Confused As You Are!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali DYING To Cast Salman Khan In His Next Film? The Director Drops MAJOR HINTS
- BREAKING! Salman Khan To Star In A Sanjay Leela Bhansali Film?
- Not Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra Was Supposed To Play The Female Lead In Ram Leela?
- OMG! Sonam Kapoor Talks About Bhansali, Says I Don't Think I Am His Kind Of Actor
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who co-produced the film Mary Kom, says M.C. Mary Kom's victory of India's first women's boxing gold in Asian Games in Incheon, is no surprise, given her "tenacity and passion".
"She is a true hero. I am not surprised by her victory. I expected her to bring the gold home from the Asian Games. Mary has the tenacity and the passion. These are qualities that prompted us to make a film on her life in the first place," Bhansali said.
Mary Kom is a biopic based on the ups and downs of the star boxer's life. Featuring Priyanka Chopra and Darshan Kumar, it is directed by first timer Omung Kumar.
Darshan, who played Mary Kom's husband in the biopic, said, "We are all super-proud of the super-woman. Congrats Mary for the wonderful victory. You've made India shine with your gold. I feel blessed to have been part of a film about your life."
Mary Kom punched her way to victory, defeating Kazakhstan's Zhaina Shekerbekova in the flyweight (48-51kg) final in Incheon Wednesday.