- Lingerie Babe Farrah Kader's Latest Pictures Will Make You Swoon! Too Hot To Handle
- 15 Bollywood Movies That Showed 'Dabangg' Side Of Cops
- Will Kareena Kapoor Ever Have Short Haircut For A Movie?
- Kareena Kapoor Says No To Biopics
- What Makes Ajay Devgn Proud Of Kajol?
- Yo Yo Honey Singh To Sing For Online Fashion Brand
Ahead of its release on Independence Day, Rohit Shetty's Singham Returns has been hit by a controversy after a right-wing Hindu organisation has asked the Censor Board of Film Certification (CBFC) to put a ban on the film.
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) has written to the CBFC, citing that the film depicts Hindu saints in a bad light, which hurts the religious sentiment of the believers of the faith.
HJS National Secretary Ramesh Shinde, said that the trailer of Singham Returns, uploaded online shows a Hindu saint as a 'villain'. "They have shown that actor Ajay Devgn, who plays a role of police officer speaks of hitting the saint, while he is seen offering prayer at a mosque in uniform, and saluting a Muslim priest. This is going to create wrong impression about the Hindu religion," he said.
Shinde added, "If the producer of the film goes ahead with the release without cutting the scenes (defaming a Hindu saint), we will hold demonstrations across the country."
Singham Returns starring Ajay Devgn and Kareena Kapoor has also been shot in Goa, besides Hyderabad and Mumbai.