- Bank Union: Amitabh Bachchan & Shweta Nanda’s Jewellery Ad Is Disgusting & Derogatory
- Amitabh Bachchan-Shweta Bachchan's First Ad Is Going Viral For All The Emotional Reasons!
- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
Thrilled and excited beyond limit, Amitabh Bachchan paddled around the sets even after the shot was canned in front of thousands of fans who thronged the streets of Kolkata to catch a glimpse of their ‘jamai babu'.
A member of the crew confirmed the news, "Yesterday, they shot near the Nonapukur tram depot. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has assured the unit complete cooperation and over 100 cops were deployed to ensure that there were no security issues despite the large crowds."
Kolkata has huge emotional connect for Amitabh Bachchan, as he got landed his very first job in this city, and also because the city gave him, a life partner in actor Jaya Bachchan. Bachchan is shooting in city after a long gap of 8 years. He was spotted in the city last time while shooting Rituparno Ghosh's The Last Lear in 2006. The Kolkata schedule will continue till the third week of November.
Piku is a roller coaster ride of a crazy father-daughter relationship essayed by Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone with Irrfan Khan top lining the cast, in a pivotal author backed role. Piku also marks coming together of Shoojit Sircar, Ronnie Lahiri and Juhi Chaturvedi, the team that had scripted Vicky Donor.
Produced by MSM Motion Pictures (a division of Sony Entertainment Network) , in association with Saraswati Entertainment Creations Limited and Rising Sun Films, Piku will release worldwide on April 30, 2015.