- Here's What Fans Have To Say About Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Relationship! View Funny Tweets
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Walk Hand-in-hand As They Step Out For A Dinner Date In Mumbai! Pics
- Priyanka Chopra BUYS 100-Crore House In Mumbai, Arrives With Nick Jonas For House-warming Ceremony
- Attracting Luck After Dating Alia Bhatt? Ranbir Kapoor Talks About Going To Hollywood!
- Here's Why Priyanka Chopra BROKE UP With Her Superstar EX-BF; Dating Nick To Heal Her BROKEN Heart!
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas To Opt For A Live-in Relationship!
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali compares Priyanka Chopra with Million Dollar Baby star Hilary Swank insisting that only Barfi star could pull of the title role in Mary Kom, a biopic on Olympic bronze medallist and five-time World Champion M.C. Mary Kom.
Sports drama Million Dollar Baby was the story of a waitress' determination to become a boxing champ and Swank played the protagonist in the film, which did so well that it took home four golden statuettes.
"Mary Kom is a very special film and no one other than Priyanka could have pulled off the role," Bhansali told reporters at the trailer launch of Mary Kom.
"Priyanka is an atom bomb and power packed talent. Her dedication, passion, and commitment towards her work is commendable. If Hollywood has Hillary Swank, we have Priyanka Chopra," said Bhansali.
Bhansali also compared Priyanka's talent with Nutan and Waheeda Rehman saying she is in the "same league".
Bhansali feels Mary Kom was destined to happen.
"If a film has to happen, it will happen. For this film, we had no meetings or readings. Omung was in the lift and told me he wants to make a film on Mary Kom and I said yes then and there. So, I feel the film was meant to happen," he said.
Directed by Omung Kumar and co-produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali Productions, the movie Mary Kom will release on September 5.