- Priyanka & Nick's Engagement: Here's 4 Other Actresses Who Found Love In Foreign Shores
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas' Engagement Bash Was A Night To Remember, Check Out Inside Pics!
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Engagement Bash: First Picture Of Priyanka & Nick From The Party
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Engagement Bash: Nick Shares A Pic Of 'Bade Papa With Papa Jonas'
- LIVE UPDATES: Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Engagement Bash: Celebrities Arrive At The Party!
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Engagement: Karan Patel, Anusha & Other TV Celebs Wish The Couple
Priyanka Chopra, who has stepped into the shoes of boxer Mary Kom in an upcoming biopic of the Olympic-winner, says she has invested a part of her soul in the film and her heart will break if it fails at the box office.
The 32-year-old actress says Mary Kom is a very special film for her and she has pushed her limits to do justice to the role.
"I started this film at the hardest point in my life, four days after my father passed away. All my grief, everything, I have shoved into this movie. Every single day of making this movie has been a challenge. A part of my soul has gone into it. I would go home, cry and tell my mother, 'I don't think I can do this' and be back on the sets next day," Priyanka told PTI in an interview.
The actress went through a tough physical transformation to portray the role of Mary Kom in the Omung Kumar directed movie. "The film is special to me. I am not good with dealing failures and I am not prepared to face it with this film especially because it is too close to my heart. It has inspired me personally and I want it to do well," she said.
Priyanka has been promoting the film in different parts of the country. She is next headed to Toronto International Film Festival for its world premiere on September 4. The film releases in theatres on September 5.
Priyanka says Mary Kom deserves to be promoted aggressively, unlike other films, which are commercially big. "The film needs aggressive promotion because it's not some big budget 'masala' film. I want people to watch it because I know they will be inspired by it. It is a story of how a young woman fights all odds to become India's face in the boxing circuit worldwide. It is entertaining too because Mary is a fun person, who celebrates life to the fullest," she said.