- They Desperately Need Our Help: Priyanka On Meeting Rohingya Refugee Kids
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Magical At Prince Harry-Meghan Markle's Wedding & The After Party! [PICS]
- Disha Patani's Dream To Work With Salman Khan Comes True, Joins Bharat After Priyanka Chopra!
- Beach Bum! Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Her Chiseled Body While Looking Red Hot In A Monokini [Pictures]
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Priyanka Chopra's Blazer Dress Memes Will Make You Burst Out With Laughter!
- Priyanka Chopra Secretly Got Married? A Mangalsutra On Her Wrist Is Making Us Curious!
- Priyanka Chopra Drops A Major Hint About Her Film With Salman Khan Bharat & Says She's Damn Excited!
- Pink Paradise! Why Women Look So Hot In Pink Bra's
- Priyanka Chopra Injured Her Knee While Shooting For Quantico! Sad
- Priyanka Chopra Was 'Scammed' Into Talking About Prince Harry- Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding!
Celebrating the life and achievements of India's five-time World Boxing Champion and Olympic Bronze Medalist MC Mary Kom, Priyanka Chopra donned her character well in the movie.
At a time when women in the nation are making their presence felt, comes a film that celebrates feminine strength in an all new way. Emotionally charged, powerful and infinitely inspiring, Mary Kom is out to set new standards for the women of India.
Priyanka Chopra tried to send a message of women empowerment through the example of Mary Kom's life which has been portrayed in the movie. Directed by Omung Kumar Mary Kom, the film is about the Indian Boxer and Olympic Bronze medallist MC Mary Kom. Depicting her life, struggles, family and her perseverance to be the best - Priyanka Chopra stars as Mary Kom along with Darshan Kumaar, Sunil Thapa, Shishir Sharma and American actor Zachary Coffin.
Check out the slider to know the six life lessons that the movie Mary Kom teaches...
‘Fight Like A Girl’ Is The Way To Go!
In a fight of strength and muscle, the weaker fighters have conventionally been told that they ‘fight like a girl'. The reference is to a popular belief that women cannot put up a tough fight because they are weak. Mary Kom shuts down such arguments with an unarguably firm conviction.
Strong Women Can Be Stunning Too!
It may be hard to believe that the hardcore woman, who rules every fight she gets into, can also make your heat skip a beat with her beauty, but Mary Kom can help you believe it. The woman drills fear into hearts of the viewers while she's fighting in the ring. Yet somehow, Mary Kom as a white veiled bride is sure to make your heart skip a beat.
You Haven’t Lost Till You Quit Trying
The film's music itself is enough to make you pick yourself up after a fall and push harder than you did before. One of the greatest life lessons we learn from Mary Kom is that winning isn't just about scoring the most points; it is also about getting up and going on.
Indian women battle stereotypes on a daily basis. It is said that women can only rise up to the limiting glass ceiling, and sadly, most women find it difficult to break through. But that hasn't discouraged Mary Kom from making a mark in a male dominated field. Mary Kom breaks barriers on many levels.
Obstacles Cannot Stop The Determined
Fighting off social norms is no easy task, and Mary has emerged through multiple restrictive social norms as well as disfavouring political conditions. Her story only proves that no obstacle can hinder uncompromising determination.
Perseverance Always Pays Off
Among the reasons behind Mary Kom's incredible achievement is the fact that she gave it everything she had. We've seen times when Mary is pulled down by situations and commitments, but then she rises above it all. Mary Kom trained and brought back every last ounce of the spirit and physique she had as a world champion, only to immortalize her name in the books of history.