- Swaragini’s Tejaswi-Helly, Ishqbaaz’s Kunal & Others Remember Rajesh Khanna On His Birth Anniversary
- Akshay Kumar On Rajesh Khanna: I've Learnt From The Experiences; There's Nothing Called A Star
- When Rajesh Khanna Ridiculed Amitabh Bachchan's Punctuality
- #Trending: Naseeruddin Shah Apologises For Insulting Rajesh Khanna; Read Twinkle Khanna's Reply!
- Don't Know What's Being Hidden: Anita Advani
- HC Stays Order To Hand Over Rajesh Khanna Will To Anita Advani
Bollywood superstar Rajesh Khanna's Carter Road bungalow, popularly known as 'Aashirwad' is being sold to a city industrialist.
The landmark sea-facing property, a major tourist attraction for Rajesh Khanna fans is believed to be purchased by Shashi Kiran Shetty, Executive Chairman of Allcargo Logistics.
Sources revealed that the 603 sq m property could fetch Rajesh Khanna's family around Rs 90 crores, the sole beneficiaries of which were the superstar's two daughters Twinkle Khanna and Rinke Khanna. The deal is expected to conclude once the mandatory 14-day notice about any ownership claim by a third pary is over.
It is to be recalled Rajesh Khanna died two years back in July 2012 due to cancer and before his death the mega star wanted his house to be converted into a museum.
Infact, in an interview Rajesh Khanna, also known as Kaka, talked about plans to open India's first star museum here. "By the grace of the Almighty, both my daughters are married, settled and have their own big houses. Thay don't need my property. Aashirwad is the home of the first superstar of Bollywood and I would like it to remain that way. Of course, my daughter will take the final decision because it will be their inheritance in future," once stated Rajesh Khanna.
As a matter of fact, Rajesh Khanna bought the bungalow from another legend, Rajendra Kumar sometime in the late 1960s and had it rebuilt later. After Rajesh Khanna's death, it was bequeathed to his daughters and is now named as 'Vardaan Aashirwad'.