- Rani Mukerji, Rajkummar Hirani And Vicky Kaushal To Attend IFFM
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- Akash Ambani's Engagement: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Ranbir-Alia & Others Spotted [PICS]
- Preity Zinta Shares A Throwback Picture From Goa & Wants Salman Khan To Remember It!
- Preity Zinta Reveals Who's Too ARROGANT - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Or Rani Mukerji!
- Rani Mukerji's Hichki To Be Screened At Shanghai Film Festival
However, Rani expressed discontent on Mardaani not being certified under U/A certificate.
"Statistics say that in India one girl gets kidnapped in every 8 minutes. We made this movie for our country but sadly 12 to 15 years old girls cannot see this film," lamented Rani.
"In US and Canada, the film has been given U/A certificate. I am going to apply for re-censorship," added Rani.
Rani asserted that the film Mardaani has a primary motive to create awareness among the little girls regarding the issue.
"I got many calls from schools and NGOs to show the movie in schools. It's sad that 12 to 15 years old girls can't watch the film. This movie is for spreading awareness and those girls need to watch this film," stressed the Mardaani actress.
The movie Mardaani deals with the issue of human trafficking and the Central Board of Film Certification given the film A certificate by way of which 12-15 years old boys and girls cannot watch this movie.