- Rani Mukerji: We Are Actors & Not Models; We Have To First Do Justice To Who We Are On Screen!
- Rani Mukherji's Open Letter On Her Birthday Is A Tight Slap To The Double Standards Of Bollywood!
- HE PROVED THEM WRONG! Ajay Devgn Was Told By People That 'He Is Not A Hero Material'
- Karan Johar On His Biggest Hichki: I Used To Get Teased A Lot For My Girlish Voice As A Child
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- WHOM IS SHE HINTING AT? Rani Mukherji's Take On Pay Disparity Will Give Major Burns To Some Actors
The Censor Board has issued an 'A' certificate to Rani Mukherji's upcoming film Mardaani. According to the reports, producer Aditya Chopra tried to convince the Censor Board for granting U/A certificate but failed to do so.
Aditya Chopra, the YRF head honcho, expressed his opinion and said children above the age of 12 can watch the movie but the Censor Board refused to issue U/A certificate and further added that the film is based on an adult issue.
The film Mardaani revolves around the issue of human trafficking and forcing teenage girls in flesh trade. Rani Mukherji will be seen playing a police officer in the film. Directed by Pradeep Sarkar the movie is scheduled to release on August 22, 2014.
Mardaani will be Rani Mukherji's first release after her marriage with Aditya Chopra. The actress will be seen doing action sequences in the film. Mardaani is the first YRF film which received an A certificate from the Censir Board.