- Riteish Deshmukh Joins Congress, To Contest Lok Sabha Elections In 2019
- Housefull 4 Shooting Begins! Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh & Bobby Deol Promise Crazy Times Ahead
- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Kathua Rape Case: Sonam Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, Riteish Deshmukh & Others Demand Justice For The Girl
- Know Why Ajay Devgn Laughed Out Loud After Hearing A Film Script! Details
- This Famous Bollywood Actor Introduced Kichcha Sudeep To Twitter!
Riteish's character in comedy film Humshakals and thriller movie Ek Villain are poles apart, the former sees him in the comic role, while for the latter he turned a serial killer.
If Sajid Khan directed Humshakals, which came out on June 20, has earned over Rs.55 crore on the domestic box office, Mohit Suri's Friday release Ek Villain made an impressive start by minting Rs.16.72 crore on the opening day.
"It's been a great year so far and I am not complaining at all," said the actor who gives credit to the "choices" he made for the success.
"I have been looking at doing something other than comedy and I decided to do these films. All the films were released back to back, but I did not plan that. I am glad the way they were received. It's great," he said.
Talking about Ek Villain, Riteish said, "The way film is shaping up (at the box office), it's great and we all are happy."
But the celebrations will happen later, he said.
After two Bollywood successes, Riteish is busy with his Marathi home production Lai Bhaari. He has teamed up with Radhika Apte, who was seen in Shor in the City, in the movie, which is slated for a July 11 release.
He said, "Now, I am busy promoting 'Lai Bhaari' and my co-star Radhika is supremely talented. She thinks so much about her character and role. The way she plays her role is phenomenal."
Directed by Nishikant Kamat and produced by Riteish's wife and actress Genelia, Lai Bhari also features Sharad Kelkar and Aditi Pohankar.