- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
Rajinikanth said he didn't feel so nervous even the first time he faced the camera as much as he did when he was asked to shoot duet songs with Bollywood actress Sonakshi.
"The worst punishment god can give actors like me who are in their 60s is to sing duets. I found shooting duets with Sonakshi more challenging than doing stunts atop a moving train in the film," Rajinikanth told reporters here at the curtain-raiser of the film's Telugu version.
"Even in my first film, I didn't feel so nervous as much as I did when I had to romance her. I've known Sonakshi as a baby, and she has grown up together with my daughters," he said.
Rajinikanth heaped praises on make-up artist Bhanu and cinematographer Rathnavelu for making him look "young and beautiful" on screen.
Rajinikanth appreciated the director for completing a project of this scale in less than six months. Lingaa, directed by K.S. Ravi Kumar, is slated for release Friday.
The superstar also reiterated that they didn't steal anyone's script to make Lingaa, and that it was originally written by S. Ponkumaran. The film will release in three languages, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.