- Saif Ali Khan To Play A Naga Sadhu In His Next! Read Details
- Sacred Games Controversy: Delhi HC Says 'Actors Cannot Be Held Liable For The Dialogues'
- Netflix’s First Original Indian Series Sacred Games LEAKED Online!
- Saif Ali Khan To Team Up With Daughter Sara Ali Khan For A Movie?
- Here’s Why Sacred Games Subtitles Are Offending Congress & Hindutva Supporters
- Sacred Games Review: Netflix’s First Original Indian Series!
Actor Saif Ali Khan can have a sigh of relief as the Home Ministry has reportedly denied any plans to take away the actor's Padma Shri award.
A higher official reportedly clarified the government's stand on the issue saying that these things take time and all processes were duly followed before conferring Padma Shri award to Saif.
Saif Ali Khan was some time back in controversy with charges of assaulting an NRI Businessman at a 5-star hotel for which a case was also filed.
Recently, Saif Ali Khan has been in news for a buzz that the government is now thinking to strip the actor's Padma Shri award owing to the charges.
However, a senior Home Ministry official stated that the authority's reply to the RTI filed by S.C. Agarwal, stating that the matter is under examination, is a routine response to any query relating to a pending complaint.
The official further added that it is a time consuming process and it is technically considered as under examination until a final decision is taken. The personnel stated that all the necessary process of checking a person's background before conferring the Padma award were duely followed in case of Saif Ali Khan.