- Did Salman Khan Pay The Hospital Expenses Of TMKOC Actor Kavi Kumar Azad?
- When Salman Khan WARNED Katrina Kaif & Jacqueline Fernandez That He Will Lock Both Of Them In A Room
- Kamal Haasan To Share Frame With Salman Khan For The First Time; Thanks To Dus Ka Dum 3!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- 16 Years Of Devdas: Aishwarya Rai Kept Dancing With BLEEDING Ears; Shahrukh REPLACED Salman Khan
- Fans INSULT Katrina Kaif In Vancouver, Say 'Don't Wan't A Picture With You; Only Waiting For Salman'
It seems getting into legal controversies gives Salman Khan a 'kick' as the actor has now been linked with a legal breach with the Income Tax Department.
Salman Khan was reportedly charged with a fine of Rs 14 lakhs after the actor allegedly provided inaccurate particulars of income.
However, Salman Khan gets a relief from the fine after a tribunal finds Salman not guilty in the case.
The fine was levied on the Kick star Salman Khan during the financial years 2002-03 and 2003-04 when he showed a taxable income of Rs 3.74 crores and Rs 4.32 crores. Salman also claimed a deduction of Rs 12.9 lakhs and RS 33.75 lakhs that he had to incur due to the running criminal charges on him.
But the Income Tax department found Salman's declaration amounting to furnishing 'inaccurate particulars of income' and charged the actor with the fine.
However, the tribunal's decision came in favour of Salman stating, "A wrong claim based on a different interpretation of the nature of the expense does not amount to furnishing inaccurate particulars of income." The tribunal also reiterated that Salman did incur expenses for the criminal charges levied on him.
Well, while the ongoing superb Box Office collection of his latest film is giving Salman a 'kick', this exemption from the fine will surely give Salman a relief.