- Rita Bhaduri’s Friends Poonam Dhillon, Shabana Azmi, Anil Kapoor & Others Remember Her Fondly!
- Mijwan 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Had This To Say About Deepika Padukone Before The Ramp Walk!
- Shabana Azmi Opens Up About Item Numbers In Bollywood!
- Shabana Azmi, Paresh Rawal To Attend 8th Theatre Olympics
- Shabana Azmi CHARACTER ASSASSINATED Me: Kangana Ranaut Breaks Silence Over NOT Supporting Deepika!
- Shabana Azmi: Vidya Balan Should Do The Arth Remake
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi, who began her film career in 1974 with Ankur, completed 40 years in the industry.
The 64-year-old actress took to twitter to thank director Shyam Benegal, who launched her in the film industry with Ankur, which won Azmi her first National award for best actress.
"My first film Ankur was released 40 years ago on September 24, 1974. Thank you Shyam Bengal for giving me such a wonderful break," the actress posted.
Azmi has appeared in over 120 Hindi and Bengali films in both mainstream and independent cinema, and has also acted in several international projects. Some of her notable films include Junoon, Shatranj Ke Khiladi, Khandhar, Sparsh, Paar, Sati, Arth, Godmother among others.
Azmi starred in Hollywood productions such as John Schlesinger's Madame Sousatzka and Roland Joffe's City of Joy. In addition to acting, Azmi is a social and women's rights activist. She is married to Indian poet and screenwriter Javed Akhtar.