- How Is Shahrukh Khan In Real Life, Arrogant, Full Of Attitude Or Humble? Fans Reveal The Truth
- 21 Years Of Yes Boss: Juhi Chawla's Throwback Pic With SRK Will Crack You Up!
- Shahrukh Khan's Meer Foundation Sets Up An Initiative For Acid-Attack Survivors!
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Shahrukh Khan Pulls Wife Gauri Khan's Leg With His Hilarious Comment On Her Pic With Suhana!
- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
Reacting to criticism over dancing with a lady constable in Kolkata, superstar Shahrukh Khan has denied the reports and said some people are raking it up not since a police personnel in uniform danced but because it was a woman who shook a leg with him.
The 48-year-old actor had last week lifted a lady constable wearing the Kolkata Police uniform during a dance performance at a function of the force in the presence of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, other ministers and state government officials.
Later, some politicians criticised the police woman for dancing in uniform alongside Shahrukh at the event. West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury had alleged that Banerjee had 'insulted' the Constitution by allowing a Kolkata Police lady constable wearing the Force's uniform to dance with Khan at the function.
"It is strange, some years back when I was shooting for Veer Zaara, I had danced and had fun with the jawans who were in uniform. I had entertained them. In 60s-70s, actors and performers used to go on border and dance and perform for them (jawans) just to encourage as those were the times of war," Shahrukh said at an event here last night.
"And in Mumbai also I have done it. I feel it is strange. I don't think it is about uniform, but just because it is a lady in uniform one should talk like this. So, it is a distinction being made between men and women which I think is completely rubbish and silly. I think it should not be talked about also," he said.
The actor was talking at the trailer launch of an upcoming film Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami. While the host tried to stop Shahrukh from answering the controversial question, the 48-year-old superstar chose to reply to it saying, "Let me answer it, tomorrow also there is press conference and they (media) will ask me again about it."