- How Is Shahrukh Khan In Real Life, Arrogant, Full Of Attitude Or Humble? Fans Reveal The Truth
- 21 Years Of Yes Boss: Juhi Chawla's Throwback Pic With SRK Will Crack You Up!
- Shahrukh Khan's Meer Foundation Sets Up An Initiative For Acid-Attack Survivors!
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Shahrukh Khan Pulls Wife Gauri Khan's Leg With His Hilarious Comment On Her Pic With Suhana!
- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
Bollywood Badshah Shahrukh Khan, whose latest release Happy New Year is rocking at box office says he decided to do Maneesh Sharma's Fan because he wanted to do a cosy film which is intense yet commercially viable.
"As an actor, I feel that having done a big film, 'Happy New Year', I wanted to do a cosy film which is intense and yet commercially viable. Maneesh came out of the blue and he reminded me of a subject he had narrated eight years ago," the 48-year-old told reporters in a group interview.
"I was sitting with Adi (Aditya Chopra) and instantly agreed because I was in a happy state of mind," he added.
Shahrukh also says that he is not sure if Fan will cross Rs. 200 crore mark but he is happy to do the film.
"I don't know whether the film (Fan) will do Rs 200 crores business or not, but I have to be in a similar state of mind as the director who wants to cast me. Five years back, a film I was supposed to do got cancelled and I called Ashutosh (Gowariker) and Ramu (Gopal Verma) but no one had any film for me."
"The timing has to be right. What restricts my choice of films is the directors - they are the ones who cast me," said King Khan who has reunited with his 'Main Hoon Naa' and 'Om Shanti Om' director Farah Khan for his latest release Happy New Year.
Produced by Shahrukh's Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt Ltd, the film is a heist drama and also features Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani, Jackie Shroff, Sonu Sood, and Vivaan Shah.
Shahrukh Khan who does only one film at a time, says this time he will be shooting for two films Fan and Raees together.
"I do one film at a time which everyone does. But right now I am doing two films. I would have liked to wait for two months after 'Happy New Year', but I have already finished a 20-day schedule for 'Fan'. Thereafter, 'Raees' will be over in 60-70 days if it goes as per plan," he said.