- Radhika Apte Leaked Clip: Shweta Basu Prasad Stands In Defence
- Shweta Basu Prasad Is Script Consultant At Anurag Kashyap's Company
- Shweta Basu Prasad's Touchy Poem On Prostitution Episode
- Prostitution Controversy: Shweta Basu Claims Reports As False
- Shocking Revelations Made By Bollywood Celebrities
- Hansal Mehta's Next A Women-Centric Film?
Former child star Shweta Basu Prasad has accused the media of wrongly dragging her name into a prostitution case.
The starlet was sent to a rescue home for 59 days after a prostitution racket allegedly involving her was busted. On December 5, the Metropolitan Sessions Court, Nampally, Hyderabad, gave Shweta a clean chit in the case by withdrawing charges and stay order against her that was made by a trial court.
In an open letter posted on her Twitter account, the 23-year-old 'Makdee' star said she was sad with the way things played out in the press.
"I understand that everything was a chain of reaction and versions of the incident with several misleading stories were picked up along with my... wait, not my statement... for the rest of India or anyone, anywhere on planet, for the last time: This is not my statement," she said.
Shweta said she wanted to move ahead in life and forget the whole episode.
"I have completely gone past the whole incident and I overlook everyone who picked up false statements and encouraged misleading stories without verifying it's authenticity. I overlook, because this episode does not deserve any more attention," she said.