- Before Janhvi Kapoor's Dhadak Releases, Let's Take A Look Back At Sridevi's Hindi Debut!
- If This Sridevi Film Is Remade Someday, Janhvi Kapoor Would Love To Star In It!
- This Is How Janhvi Kapoor Reacted When Asked About Her 'Rivalry' With Sara Ali Khan!
- When Janhvi Kapoor Told Sridevi She Is A Bad Mamma & Didn't Talk To Her For Three Days
- Sridevi Felt Parents' Bad Karma Goes Into Their Children; Was Scared To See Janhvi Kapoor Suffer!
- Janhvi Kapoor Revealed The First Reaction Of Sridevi When She Decided To Be An Actress!
Following the exceptional success of English Vinglish in foreign markets like Hong Kong, Germany, Taiwan and Korea, Eros International Media Ltd is all set to release the film in across 33 screens in Japan on June 28, 2014.
Leading lady Sridevi will attend the grand premiere of the film in Tokyo on 29th May, which will be also be attended by Akie Abe, the First lady of Japan and Agnes Chan, the famous Japanese singer.
Directed by Gauri Shinde, English Vinglish released worldwide successfully in October 2012 and continues to reap gold at the box office in new markets. In Taiwan, the film became the second biggest Bollywood grosser of all time amassing over US$ 300,000 at the box office.
The veteran actress is elated with the buzz around her film in Japan and is looking forward to attending the film's premiere and promote the film.
Speaking on the occasion, Sridevi said, "English Vinglish is a universal story that truly resonates with global audiences and I am very excited about the reactions from Japanese audiences".
The buzz for the film in Japan began last year itself when director Gauri Shinde was invited to attend the prestigious Aichi International Women's Film Festival in August 2013 for the screening of the film.
The Japanese market has already proven to be a strong one for Eros with the company releasing Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om in 2013 across 14 screens which earned over US $ 150,000 at the Japanese box office. Eros has also previously released Student of the Year, Agent Vinod and Chalo Dilli in Japan.