- Kangana Ranaut Birthday Special! Here's 10 Adorable Childhood Pictures Of The 'Queen'
- Rani Mukerji: People Still Know Me As Shahrukh Khan & Salman Khan's Heroine
- Kartik Aaryan: I Would Love To Do A Character Like Shahrukh Khan In Baazigar
- An Emotional Shahrukh Khan Tells Rani Mukerji, His Biggest Hichki Moment Is The Death Of His Parents
- IT'S OFFICIAL! R.Madhavan's Vikram Vedha To Be Remade In Bollywood [READ DETAILS]
- Zero: Katrina Kaif Posts A Picture With 'Birthday Boy' Abhay Deol & It's SUPER CUTE!
- Happy New Year To Fight It Out With Three Other Films At Box Office
The Bengali film industry is likely to get a shot in the arm with West Bengal brand ambassador Shahrukh Khan promising to promote Bengali films.
"I really would like to participate not as an actor but as someone who has a little more reach because of the language that I make films in. I would like to bring that expertise here and take the culture, literature and intellectual inputs from Bengal because I truly believe that this is the cultural hub of our country," the superstar told reporters when asked about what his plans for Tollywood.
He said films are his forte and would like to do something for films made in Bengal.
"I would just take some time but I would do it. It is not my duty, its my privilege to do it," the Bollywood star said. Khan, who is celebrating the record-breaking box office success of his latest release 'Happy New Year', said it is unfortunate that some people think of him as being repetitive.
"I often read articles about how I keep doing the same thing. It's unfortunate because I can't explain people that it's not the same thing. I feel very deeply about what I do and I try to turn it around and make light of what I do because I don't think everyone wants to know the process that I go through as an actor."
"I reinvent myself every time," SRK said and asked his fans to expect the unexpected from him.
"Please expect the unexpected from me. I try my best every time and give the unexpected for the love of the people. I always try to be a little different and try to be little unexpected so that people are intrigued and enjoy my work," Khan said.
SRK said all he wants to do is to try to be an actor.
"That's all. I just want to act." SRK, who built 8 pack abs for 'Happy New Year', is all praise for co-actor Sonu Sood, saying his physique inspires him.
"He is so disciplined about his eating, sleeping time. He inspires me," the superstar said.