- Shahrukh Khan's Meer Foundation Sets Up An Initiative For Acid-Attack Survivors!
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Shahrukh Khan Pulls Wife Gauri Khan's Leg With His Hilarious Comment On Her Pic With Suhana!
- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
- Here's The Latest Update On Shahrukh Khan's Ra One Sequel!
- Janhvi Kapoor: I Was Obsessed With SRK's Om Shanti Om; Would Enact Every Scene From The Film
The film, whose screenplay recently made it to the Oscar library, will be showcased in the non-competition section of the film festival in Morocco.
"We are very happy to screen 'HNY' at the Marrakech International Film Festival. It will be one the highlight of the festival. Shahrukh Khan has a special relationship with the Marrakech Film Festival and Morocco," Melita Toscan du Plantier, Festival Director, said in a statement.
"He came for a Tribute in 2011 and for the Centenary of Indian Cinema in 2012. He was also decorated by HRH Prince Moulay Rachid on behalf of His Majesty King Mohammed VI," Melito added.
Marrakech International Film Festival will be held from December 5 to 13.
'Happy New Year' will be screened at the Jemaa El Fna Square on December 6. Director Farah Khan and actors Abhishek Bachchan and Boman Irani will represent the film at the festival and will also attend the official royal dinner hosted by the President of the Festival Foundation, His Royal Highness Prince Moulay Rachid.
"I'm delighted that 'HNY' is being showcased in Marrakech. It has become a festival of repute and it is an honour to take our film there,"
Farah said in a statement. Happy New Year, which also stars Deepika Padukone, Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah, hit theatres on October 24.