- Cut To 1994: Aishwarya Rai Reveals Why She Cried After Losing 'Miss Universe' Title To Sushmita Sen
- HORRIFIC! Sushmita Sen Reveals She Got MOLESTED By A Young Boy; Here's How She Taught Him A Lesson
- Do You Know The Malayalam Actress Who Competed With Aishwarya Rai & Sushmita Sen?
- Shilpa Shinde’s Look For Dan Dana Dan Inspired By Main Hoon Na’s Sushmita Sen!
- Sushmita Sen Describes Women’s Day In The Best Possible Way!
- HEART-BREAKING! Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Get Emotional After Attending Sridevi's Funeral
Former Miss Universe and actress Sushmita Sen says shopping online helps her find a variety of brands within no time and that the e-commerce world has enabled local creative talent of the country to get a global reach.
The 39-year-old announced and promoted the second edition of Jabong Online Fashion Week.
"One of the greatest things about online shopping is that there one can find designers that we couldn't reach out to (earlier), and I'm not taking about the mainstream big brands, but the ones coming out of small regions," Sushmita told.
"The best part about it is that I can find anything that I want on a single website in the least possible time."
"Everytime an Indian artist, designer or photographer makes his presence felt globally without really going there, I feel that by doing that, they are really putting India back on the map," she added.
Sushmita enjoys online shopping. What's her favourite purchase been?
"I'm actually looking out for a bag similar to the one which I had lost earlier. But it's my hard luck that I haven't found it yet. Apart from that, I like to buy belts, jewellery and shoes online," said the Bengali beauty.
She lauded the Jabong Online Fashion Week, which is aimed at promoting the country's young talent through a selection process for a new pool of fashion designers, photographers, models, make-up and hair artists, all handpicked from 1,300 entries for the platform.
From the age group of 18-35 years, 50 finalists will showcase their creations at a grand fashion week to be held in February 2015.
The idea behind the concept is "to represent the fashion industry and provide the fraternity an online platform to grow", said Praveen Sinha, managing director and founder, Jabong.com.
"With it, we are aiming to gather the best of talent and fashion aficionados, giving them an opportunity to showcase their talent with the guidance of stalwarts of the industry," Sinha added.