- The Lunchbox Gets Nominated At BAFTAS
- 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' Leads BAFTA Nominations
- The Lunchbox DVD Launch Pics: Check It Out
- I Was Audtioned For Homeland, Says Nimrat Kaur
- Highest Grossing Bollywood Movies In US
- The Lunchbox Highest Grossing Foreign Film At Box Office
- Blackmail: Urmila Matondkar Returns Back On Screen As 'Bewafa Beauty'!
The one-of-a-kind romance starring Irrfan Khan and Nimrat Kaur, which has received glowing reviews from all quarters, has turned out to be a giant at the US box office, finding pride of place in the list of Top 5 highest grossing Indian movies of all time.
Collecting more than $4 million, and still counting, The Lunchbox just went past the collections of My Name Is Khan at the American box office.
It sits alongside such starry commercial biggies like Chennai Express, 3 Idiots and Dhoom 3 in the top 5 Indian earners list. Monsoon Wedding still continues to be on the top of the charts.
This performance by The Lunchbox not only in the US but also in other foreign territories is also a big victory for the sustained efforts by the film's Indian producer Guneet Monga of Sikhya Entertainment.
She was instrumental in not only getting the project rolling but also garnering support from other key stakeholders of the film.
"We have seen in the past that while some of the festival favourites get great reviews, they don't do that well at the theatres. But The Lunchbox has been a great commercial success and the new benchmark for all of us going forward," says Guneet.