- 'Chachu No 1' Varun Dhawan Introduces His Niece To The World, Says It's Love At First Sight!
- INSIDE IIFA 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Dances To Balam Pichkari, Rekha Charms & KJo Goes Shava-Shava!
- IIFA Rocks 2018 Inside Pics: From Varun Dhawan's Groupfie To Anil Kapoor's Dashing Ramp Walk!
- IIFA Rocks 2018 Pictures: Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor, Kriti Sanon & Others Walk The Green Carpet
- Shahrukh Khan, Varun Dhawan, Big B, Madhuri Dixit, Anil Kapoor & Others Wish Everyone A Happy Eid
- Rare Sighting! Ajay Devgn Attends Salman Khan's Race 3 Screening
The actor will be seen playing the role of a father for the very first time in Badlapur, which is based on a real-life incident that took place 25 years ago. It will show Varun's character growing from an 18 year old boy to a 40 year old father in the film.
This is the first time the actor will be seen in a serious role, for he has earlier been part of only rom-com movies. Varun said, "I can't go into the specifics, but my character in the revenge drama is a guy working in an ad agency who starts a family. You will see me as a father on the screen for the first time."
The film has been directed by Sriram Raghavan and speaking about his experience working with this director for the first time, he said, "It drained me. I had slipped into depression as after a point it no longer felt like I was acting in a film. The experience was that terrifying. Sriram really made me suffer. Even when the camera was off, he was shooting me. It was a reality check of a different kind because till then I had been leading a rather insulated life, both in real life and reel."
Can't wait to see daddy Varun Dhawan on the big screen soon!