- SRK Finds Zohra Sehgal Most Naughty Young Girl!
- Bollywood Remembers Zohra Sehgal!
- Priyanka, Karan: Bollywood Celebrities Salute Zohra Sehgal's Spunk
- PM Narendra Modi Mourns Zohra Sehgal's Death
- Amitabh Bachchan Remembers Zohra Sehgal: An Immensely Lovable Co-Star
- Aishwarya Rai Remembers Nelson Mandela On His 100th Birth Anniversary, Shares A Throwback Picture!
Veteran actress Zohra Sehgal died in Delhi on Thursday of cardiac arrest at the age of 102, a family member said.
A heart patient, Sehgal was admitted to the Max Hospital in south Delhi's Saket area after being diagnosed with pneumonia Wednesday. She died of a heart attack at 4.30 p.m. Thursday.
Zohra was a very respected actress in the Indian film industry. She has time and again acted in movies and essayed some memorable roles. Her role of Amitabh Bachchan's mother in Cheeni Kum is unforgettable and will always remain in our hearts. Amitabh even offered his condolences and tweeted,"Zohra Sehgal passes away at 102 yrs ..what a journey and what an immensely loveable co star ! Prayers for her blessed soul !!"
Zohra Sehgal started her career as a dancer with Uday Shankar in 1935. She had appeared in many Bollywood films as a character actor as well as television series and plays. She has even done English language films. Her last appearance in a movie was Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya in 2007, after which she has done that many projects.
In 2012, her daughter, Kiran had even written her biography titled, 'Zohra Sehgal:Fatty'. Kiran was even sad that till her last breath, her mother didn't get the government flat she had asked for. Our condolences, may her soul rest in peace.