- Amitabh Bachchan: It Takes Hard Work To Survive & Breathe!
- Amitabh Bachchan Calls '60 Year' Copyright Rule Rubbish, Lashes Out Against It
- Aamir Khan On His Birthday: I Was Wishing Amitabh Bachchan Should Wish Me First And He Did
- Aamir Khan Celebrates His Birthday With Thugs Of Hindostan Cast In Jodhpur!
- Amitabh Bachchan In Pain Because Of Heavy Thugs Of Hindostan Costumes; Says He's Fine Now
- OUCH! Aamir Khan Wants Katrina Kaif To Reshoot Her Scenes In Thugs Of Hindostan?
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who has been given the tag of 'Shahenshah' of Bollywood by his fans from across the globe, is humbled by the love and respect he received, but says stars are just human, "not some divinity ... we seek humaneness".
The 72-year-old took to his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com Friday to talk about celebrity deification where he also ponders "why this does occur".
"The love respect and affection that comes, comes without any incursion from other quarters ... I am embarrassed and lulled into thought, why this does occur ... and am needing to think that even if I desired an answer I would never get one ...
"Answer or no ... it is the deifying that is getting uncomfortable! The worth that they seek is invisible, unknown and certainly unattainable ... this they must be given in somewhat large doses of capital tabulation," he wrote.
"But the tragedy is that one refusal or acceptance gives rise to an extent which is even greater than before.
"Better to accept then that it is undeserving and not worthy of any attention .. let them that do, figure its irrelevance and misdeed ... I am but a tool that can be used and missed ... used would suit me fine, given my not so attractive credentials ... missed because the smell of the fresh flowers can never be...
"And so we exist and so we perish much like most others ... We are human, not some divinity ... we seek humaneness," posted the 72-year-old who stays connected with his fans via blog and Twitter, where he amassed 11 million followers.
Meanwhile he has wrapped up shooting for Shamitabh and is currently busy with his upcoming movie "Do".