- They Desperately Need Our Help: Priyanka On Meeting Rohingya Refugee Kids
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Magical At Prince Harry-Meghan Markle's Wedding & The After Party! [PICS]
- Disha Patani's Dream To Work With Salman Khan Comes True, Joins Bharat After Priyanka Chopra!
- Beach Bum! Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Her Chiseled Body While Looking Red Hot In A Monokini [Pictures]
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
The reason behind Priyanka's sudden change in plan is her late father, Lieutenant Colonel Ashok Chopra is being honoured in the city for his contribution to the nation and the society.
Priyanka was busy shooting for Zoya Akhtar's Dil Dhadakne Do on a cruise along with Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma and Farhan Akhtar. However, when the actress heard that a road at Andheri is going to be named after her later father on June 10, Priyanka could not resist being with her family on this special occasion.
It has been learnt that when Priyanka requested the makers of Dil Dhadakne Do to grant her a short leave for the mentioned reason, she was immediately allowed to be with her family for few days.
"It's a surprise and a huge honour. My family and I are overwhelmed," said Priyanka. She further added, "There was no way I would miss this for anything in the world. My father was always very grateful for what he had and was always ready to help the less fortunate ones. We are happy and proud that he is being recognised for his efforts."
The movie Dil Dhadakne Do is a multi starrer flick in which Priyanka will be seen playing sister to Ranveer Singh.