- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja Are Married Now! INSIDE PICS Of Celebs From The Wedding Are Unmissable
- INSIDE PHOTOS From Sonam Kapoor's Mehendi: Rani Mukerji Joins The Squad; Anand Ahuja Caught BLUSHING
- Rani Mukerji Gives Her Two Cents About Feminism, Says Individual Identity Is Everything!
- INTERVIEW! Rani Mukerji: I Look Up To Shahrukh, Salman And Aamir Khan & Will Do Anything For Them!
- Rani Mukerji: I Felt What True Love Is After Giving Birth To Adira!
- Rani Mukerji Talks About Hichki's Success: I Am Happy You Accepted Me With Open Arms
A spokesperson for the film said that when the Pakistan Film Censor Board saw the film that addresses the issue of human trafficking, they gave it an 'A' certificate too. However, they asked for seven cuts and wanted certain scenes to be blurred.
The creative team of Mardaani felt that it was leading to loss of the essence of the narration of the movie. These changes were leading to the message of the film being distorted and the essence being diluted, the spokesperson added.
Eventually, following an internal discussion, the Mardaani team decided not to compromise on their film and not release Mardaani in Pakistan.
In the film Mardaani, Rani plays a rough and tough police officer for the first time in her career and this happens to be the first movie of Rani post her marriage.