- Sonam Kapoor Was Asked If She Loves Muslims & Pakistani Followers; Replies What 'Hinduism' Preaches
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Sonam Kapoor Recaps Inside Details About How She Fell In Love With Hubby Anand Ahuja!
- Sanju Review: Ranbir Kapoor Hits A Sixer With Rajkumar Hirani's Engaging Storytelling!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anil Kapoor's Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Teaser Is Out! Watch It Here
- A True Incident! A Drunk Sanjay Dutt Had Actually Put On A Toilet Seat Around His Girlfriend's Neck
Actress Sonam Kapoor has strongly condemned the recent sexual assault on a young woman by a taxi driver in the capital and said that Mumbai is safer than Delhi for women.
A 25-year-old woman was allegedly raped by an Uber cab driver Friday night after she took the cab around 9.30 p.m. from Vasant Vihar area in New Delhi.
"It's an awful thing to have happened. Women are generally not safe in Delhi as compared to Mumbai," Sonam said here Tuesday at the DVD launch of her film Khoobsurat.
Reacting on Delhi government's decision to ban "all activities" by Uber company in the national capital, Sonam said: "Honestly, it's not the fault of the cab company. It's fault of a government in a lot of ways because they have given a character certificate to the cab driver".
"So the punishment and the rules have to be more stringent from government's side. Are you saying that if rape takes place in a public transport vehicle, they are going to ban public transport?
"I think it works either way. Neeyat insan ki change honi chahiye (mentality of a person should change). You can't ban things," she added.