- Sunny Leone's Ek Paheli Leela Box Office Prediction
- Dibakar Thrilled With Kol's Response To Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
- Detective Byomkesh Bakshy First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collections
- Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Viewers Review: Climax Is The Spoiler
- Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Box Office Predictions
- Ankita Lokhande Promoting Her BF Sushant’s Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!
- BACK ON TRACK! Sara Ali Khan's Debut Film Kedarnath Is NOT SHELVED & We Have The Proof
In Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!, lead actor Sushant Singh Rajput will be seen donning dhotis and a moustached look, which director Dibakar Banerjee says was a risk that he took to break away from traditional Bollywood hero image.
The crime thriller is based on the fictional detective Byomkesh Bakshi, a character created by the Bengali writer Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay in 1932.
"Bollywood has a tradition of seeing young men in a certain way. The cool quotient of this guy is that he is very ordinary. He is a not a fashionable person. So, we took a huge but calculated risk and pushed Byomkesh's look and styling which Hindi film audience has never seen.
"Yet the feel of the film is very contemporary, I really hope it catches on," Dibakar said.
Set in Kolkata of 1940s, the film shows a young Byomkesh embarking on his first case while the metropolis is in the grip of World War II.
The director, who has earlier helmed films like Khosla Ka Ghosla, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! and Shanghai, said that the global conflict has an important role in the movie.
"During the World War II, the nature of crime changed in Kolkata. There were air raids and there were Japanese spies as well. And that point, Kolkata was a port city so there were naturally more crimes. In this scenario, a young detective Byomkesh Bakshy came to solve a mystery - his first case," he said.
Dibakar has been working on the film for last four years and he said after spending several sleepless nights, he is glad to see that the love of his labour has come out good.
The Yash Raj Films and Dibakar's co-production also stars Bengali actress Swastika Mukherjee and will hit theatres on April 3.