- Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Crosses 300 Crores After Spanning 50 Days In Theatres
- Post Padmaavat's Success, Deepika Padukone HIKES Her Fees & Acts CHOOSY
- Heartbreaking! Deepika Padukone Gets Emotional; Talks About Irrfan Khan's Ill Health
- Gauri & Shahrukh Khan TURN HEADS, Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh SLAY At Hello Hall Of Fame Awards
- She Will NEVER FORGIVE Her! What Deepika Padukone Did To Avoid Ranbir Kapoor's Ex Katrina Kaif
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Prakash Padukone, Says Her Father Is A Very Humble Person
- NO REGRETS! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Admits She REJECTED These Two ICONIC Films Of Karisma Kapoor
Deepika Padukone who was once upon a time termed as 'wooden' by the critics has stunned them all by her constant laudable performances in all her latest films.
The girl never took criticism to heart and instead worked hard to achieve stardom in the industry and today she is called as the Golden Girl for she has given 5 back to back hits-Cocktail, Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela.
She broke the norm and proved that models can act, "Well, there is still a myth that exists in the country about models not being good actors. It is high time that we realise it is all a fallacy. Of all the names you mentioned, I definitely look up to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as a strong role model and the fact that she had always been my inspiration is not hidden. I have loved her from the childhood days, watching and admiring her advertisements, her Miss India triumph and everything else. If by God's grace, my career shapes up even 1% of what Aish did with her work, I would be blessed."
She further added, "Plus, Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra, Juhi chawla has proven the myth wrong time and again." Unlike other actresses with ego, Deepika was more than comfortable in admitting that she looks up to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.