- Akshay Kumar, Kriti Sanon & Riteish Deshkumh Have Fun While Shooting For Housefull 4 In London! Pics
- Gold: Akshay Kumar's Latest Song Chad Gayi Hai Is Out! Watch Here
- Housefull 4 Shooting Begins! Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh & Bobby Deol Promise Crazy Times Ahead
- Kapil Sharma’s Midair Spat To Akshay Kumar’s Sexist Comments, Television Controversies You Must Know
- Akshay Kumar Visits Sonali Bendre After Getting To Know She's Diagnosed With High-Grade Cancer!
- John Abraham Is Unfazed By Box Office Clash With Akshay Kumar!
The director says it is just a coincidence that he explores such subjects in his movies.
"I don't know... It could be because dramas are set in those kind of spaces. It's more like a coincidence. I like making films on realistic issues," Neeraj told.
The filmmaker said the script of Baby was there in his mind from quite sometime.
"The story was there in my mind for sometime. I started working on the story after finishing my novel 'Ghalib Danger'. The film is based on a few articles that I have read and remembered over a certain period of time. There was a germ which I wanted to pursue and Baby is the result of that," he said.
It is the second time that Neeraj has teamed up with Akshay after Special 26.
"It is obvious that our previous experience has been good for us to come together. Akshay has gone to a totally different level with his performance in the film. We are very proud of his performance in the film. The actions which he did are very realistic," he said.
Neeraj has also given a fresh look to his other starcast be it Anupam Kher or 'Chashme Badddoor' actress Tapsee Pannu.
"I wanted to give them a very fresh look for this film and I wanted to shed their set image too," he said. The director is next helming a biopic on Indian cricket skipper MS Dhoni, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput in the titular role.
The film will hit theatres on October 22.