- MOGUL: Akshay's COLD WAR With Salman To Get Worse; Bhushan Feels Khan Is A Bigger Star Than Kumar?
- Akshay Kumar: Bringing Religion Into Politics Is Not Done
- IT'S OFFICIAL! After Bobby Deol, Kriti Sanon Joins The Cast Of Akshay Kumar's Housefull 4
- Raj Thackeray Says Shocking Things About Sridevi & Akshay Kumar
- Don't Want Anyone To Put An Image On Me: Akshay Kumar
- He Felt TRAPPED! Akshay Kumar Is Really Scared Of This Thing; It Impacted Him Deeply
- JUST IN! Shahid Kapoor Shares The FIRST Complete Picture Of Baby Misha & Here's How She Looks!
The director says it is just a coincidence that he explores such subjects in his movies.
"I don't know... It could be because dramas are set in those kind of spaces. It's more like a coincidence. I like making films on realistic issues," Neeraj told.
The filmmaker said the script of Baby was there in his mind from quite sometime.
"The story was there in my mind for sometime. I started working on the story after finishing my novel 'Ghalib Danger'. The film is based on a few articles that I have read and remembered over a certain period of time. There was a germ which I wanted to pursue and Baby is the result of that," he said.
It is the second time that Neeraj has teamed up with Akshay after Special 26.
"It is obvious that our previous experience has been good for us to come together. Akshay has gone to a totally different level with his performance in the film. We are very proud of his performance in the film. The actions which he did are very realistic," he said.
Neeraj has also given a fresh look to his other starcast be it Anupam Kher or 'Chashme Badddoor' actress Tapsee Pannu.
"I wanted to give them a very fresh look for this film and I wanted to shed their set image too," he said. The director is next helming a biopic on Indian cricket skipper MS Dhoni, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput in the titular role.
The film will hit theatres on October 22.