- Dhadak: Here's Why This Ishaan Khatter-Janhvi Kapoor Film Should Be Your Pick For This Week!
- Aamir Khan & Karan Johar To Come Together For Osho Biopic?
- Anurag Kashyap Praises Karan Johar’s Work In Lust Stories;Tells People To Empower Themselves
- Akash Ambani & Shloka Mehta's Engagement Pics: Shahrukh Khan, Alia Bhatt & Ranbir Kapoor Arrive!
- Did Tiger Shroff Refuse To Work With Ranveer Singh? Karan Johar Reacts To Reports!
- Karan Johar & Kiara Advani Talk About ‘Masturbation Scene’ In Lust Stories; Upset Mangeshkars
Audience gives a big thumbs-up to Karan Johar's Dharma Productions again this year. For the production house has obtained 100 crore opening collection in 2014.
Dharma Productions had a busy 2014 with a romance hat trick in the first half of the year - Hasee Toh Phasee along with Phantom Production, 2 States along with Nadiadwala Grandsons & UTV; and Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania in July. With its last release Ungli, Dharma has become a production house with probably the widest range of film varieties this year.
All the films had something unique about them - right from a romedy with a fresh storyline, to a bestseller adaptation, to a tribute to legendary Bollywood love stories. Whereas, Ungli was film from a genre unknown to Dharma until now.
This year, Dharma also became the launchpad for three more promising directors - Vinil Matthew (Hasee Toh Phasee), Abhishek Varman (2 States) and Shashank Khaitan (Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania). Ungli was Rensil D'silva's second outing with Dharma.
With the audience accepting all these films with open arms, Dharma Productions is set for an exciting line-up in next two years. It will be exploring multiple collaborations and giving an opportunity to many new talents.