TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
Cannes Film Festival has been a huge platform for Bollywood films and a lot of Indian stars have made it to the festival over the years. However, actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who is currently busy shooting for Salman Khan starrer "Bajrangi Bhaijaan" in Kashmir, will be giving a miss to the Cannes International Film Festival 2015. This was going to be his second Cannes visit post 2013.
The actor's first production venture "Miyan Kal Aana" will be screened at the festival this year. The film is directed by his brother Shamas Siddiqui and will be shown as part of the Short Film Catalog, a non-competition segment of the Cannes Film Festival this year. Nawazuddin's earlier movies Monsoon Shootout, Ritesh Batra's poignant The Lunchbox, and Bombay Talkies made it to the Festival before.
Nawazuddin would be skipping the festival due to the shooting schedule of the film, which got delayed by a few days due to the weather conditions and Salman's court trial in Jodhpur. The shoot will be going on in full swing for the next 25 days.
"I feel bad on not attending the festival this time however I am happy that my film has gone there. It will be my first film as a producer and my brother Shamas who has directed it has done a brilliant job. I am happy for him. Even if I won't be going there physically I'm glad our film, our thoughts are out there," Nawazuddin said in a statement.
"Miyan Kal Aana", which is 17.5 minutes long, touches upon the Halala law in Islam and is produced by Nawazuddin.