- DO YOU KNOW? Salman Khan Can Never Say 'No' To This Person!
- DAMN TO THEIR STARDOM! Salim Khan Reveals Why Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor & SRK FAILED As A Superstar
- Abba Wanted One Of His Sons To Become A Cricketer: Sohail Khan
- Malaika Arora's Post On Women's Safety Is Thought-provoking!
- Bengaluru Molestation Case! Salim Khan Asks PM Narendra Modi To Address The Issue Immediately
- Salman Khan Wishes His Daddy Salim Khan A Very Happy Birthday!
Salim Khan, noted script-writer refused to accept the Padma Shri conferred on him by the Indian Government. He said, he deserves more than that and also his junior and former partner Javed Akhtar already won both Padma Shri and the Padma Bhushan long back.
Salim Khan is not too happy about the award as he thinks it is too late and the earlier Government ignored his contribution to Hindi cinema.
"Refused is too harsh a word since I have nothing against the awards. I just think that after 55 years and over 40 films, I deserve more than a Padma Shri for my contributions to Hindi cinema, given that my juniors have already got it years before. Even my earstwhile partner, Javed Akhtar, has received both a Padma Shri and a Padma Bhushan," Salim said to a leading daily.
He said, "For years, the central government has ignored me, honouring a number of my peers as well as juniors in the industry. Some three days ago, when I heard that my name is on the Padma awards list, I thought that I'm finally getting what I deserve. But when I came to know that the ministry has chosen me for Padma Shri, I felt it does not match my status and work."
"I am thankful that the present government thought about me, while the previous ones had ignored me. But tell me if someone of my stature should accept Padma Shri that has come so late?" Salim Khan added.
Salim-Javed duo wrote scripts for Zanjeer, Deewaar and Shakti which were blockbusters. They split in 1982 due to misunderstandings but only to reunite in 1987.
Does Salim Khan deserve more and will he get what he wants, only time will tell!