- Rajkumar Hirani Talks About Sanjay Dutt's Jail Life & The Unusual Work He Did During His Tenure!
- Ranbir Kapoor Will Never Be Unfaithful To A Role In A Film For This Reason!
- Rishi Kapoor Once FIRED Sanjay Dutt For Spoiling Ranbir Kapoor & Said 'Isko Tere Jaisa Mat Bana'
- Did Madhuri Dixit Call Rajkumar Hirani To Delete Her Scenes In Sanju? Here Is The Truth!
- Ranbir Kapoor HITS BACK At Salman Khan For His Comment 'Sanjay Dutt Should Play Himself In Sanju'
- Ranbir Kapoor Did This Unbelievable Thing To Play Sanjay Dutt In Rajkumar Hirani's Sanju!
Looks like the 14-day furlough from the Yerawada Central Prison in Pune is not enough for the actor Sanjay Dutt. He has been out of jail since December 24 and has made an another application for an extension in the furlough.
Sanjay Dutt was slapped with five year sentence from may 2013 for illegal possession of arms in a case related to the 1993 serial blasts.
The actor has been out of the jail either on parole or furlough over 118 days from May 2013 to May 2014. The leniency shown on Sanjay Dutt by the home department of Maharashtra state has resulted in many protests from various organisations.
The High Court had even told the government that the diligence shown in granting Dutt's requests was not seen in cases of other convicts.
Yerawada jail superintendent Yogesh Desai said, "Every inmate who comes out on a furlough, applies for a 14-day extension, which he is entitled to. We have received his application for an extension and it is under process."
As per the rules every convict has the right to be out on furlough. A furlough can be extended once and parole twice. Sanjay Dutt's appeal has been considered now.
The actor had lost a lot of weight while at jail, now we should wait and watch if he will be granted the permission.