- Arshad Warsi Out? Ranbir Kapoor To Step In As 'Circuit' In Sanjay Dutt's Munna Bhai Sequel?
- Maanayata Dutt To Produce Sanjay Dutt's Upcoming Movie Blockbuster Gang?
- Sanjay Dutt: Hope My Wife Doesn't Pamper My Children The Way My Mother Did Me
- Ranbir Kapoor On His Drinking Habit: I Just Can't Stop Once I Start, Drinking Is In My Genes!
- Trishala Dutt Opens Up About Her Father Sanjay Dutt; Says Her Temper & Attitude Is Like Him!
- RSS Questions The Motives Behind Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju, Says Bollywood Paints Criminals As Heroes
Sanjay Dutt who returned to Mumbai to seek extension on his furlough by almost 14 days is in for a bad news as the actor will have to return to jail today itself.
The Maharashtra government on Saturday rejected Sanjay Dutt's application to extend his furlough by 14 days, an official said.
"His application has been rejected. He will return to jail today itself," his lawyer Hitesh Jain told.
Sanjay's latest furlough of 14 days ended on Thursday, but he did not return to Yerawada Central Jail in Pune since the decision on his extension application submitted on Dec 27 was pending.
His lawyer further pointed out that as per a new circular issued by the prison department if an inmate doesn't report back to jail on the 29th day after the "initial 14 days and a 14 day extension taken as granted", only then it would be a violation.
But Sanjay won't be taking any such chances, Mr Jain said that he would be returning to jail today itself," I have advised him to surrender today itself."