- Shahrukh Khan, Varun Dhawan, Big B, Madhuri Dixit, Anil Kapoor & Others Wish Everyone A Happy Eid
- Rare Sighting! Ajay Devgn Attends Salman Khan's Race 3 Screening
- Varun Dhawan & Ayushmann Khurrana React To Priyanka Chopra's Quantico Controversy!
- Skeptical Owing To Padmaavat Row? Varun Dhawan Says Historical Films Are Double-edged Swords
- Salman Khan Takes A Massive Dig At Young Actors; Is He Targeting Ranbir Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor?
- Jacqueline Fernandez's Salman Khan-Varun Dhawan Connection
Actress Huma Qureshi, who will soon be seen in dark, intense and revenge drama Badlapur, says it's a special film for her as she got a chance to work with her favorite director Sriram Raghavan, who made sure she was out of her comfort zone.
At the launch of a magazine's cover on Monday, Huma opened up about her role in the movie, which also stars Varun Dhawan.
"In 'Badlapur', my character's name is Jhumli. It's a special film for me because I got a chance to work with my favorite director, Sriram Raghavan. I'm a huge fan of him. And from the time I saw his films, 'Ek Hasina Thi' , 'Johnny Gaddaar', I really wanted to work with him," she said.
Huma, who has earlier been appreciated for her work in films like Gangs of Wasseypur, Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana, Ek Thi Daayan, D-Day and Dedh Ishqiya, believes the role in Badlapur has challenged her in a different way.
"About my character, I would only say that Sriram (director) really put me outside my comfort zone. I think Jhumli is a character that I possibly did just because of him. I don't think I would have put myself through playing such a difficult character," she said.
The actress even recollected one day during the shoot when she "literally broke down". She hopes audiences "really enjoy how much hard work we have pulled together in the film".
Badlapur, which also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Divya Dutta in key roles, is set to release on February 20.