- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone Clocks 25 M Followers On Instagram!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's Wedding To Take Place In India, Not In Italy!
- Birthday Special: 5 Reasons Why Ranveer Singh Should Get The 'Best Boyfriend' Trophy
- Did Neetu Indirectly Blame Deepika & Katrina Kaif For Their Failed Relationship With Ranbir Kapoor?
Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone known for her daring and open attitude has once again come out with a shocking statement about herself.
Deepika Padukone has given an interview to a leading daily stating that she had struggled with depression which eventually had to be intervened by the help of a psychologist friend, Anna Chandy, to get to the root of the cause.
Deepika has said, "In early 2014, while I was being appreciated for my work, one morning, I woke up feeling different. A day earlier, I had fainted due to exhaustion; it was all downhill from there. I felt a strange emptiness in my stomach."
"I thought it was stress, so I tried to distract myself by focusing on work, and surrounding myself with people, which helped for a while. Over a period of time, it got worse. When my parents visited, I would put up a brave front because they were worried about me living alone and working long hours," Deepika says.
She goes on to explain, "The most common reaction is, ‘How can you be depressed? You have everything going for you. You are the supposed number one heroine and have a plush home, car, movies... What else do you want?'"
"This is probably one of the deadliest mental disorders. Nothing, including life, makes sense to people suffering from it," if Deepika has come accepted it with courage, it means a lot to many common people.
The actress is now working on an initiative to create awareness about anxiety and depression, and help people. Her team is working to formulate a plan, which will be unveiled soon.