- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Fanney Khan: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Halka Halka Song Is Giving Us Romantic Vibes!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Priyanka Chopra In No Mood To PATCH UP; Their Latest Move Hints So!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Cares A Damn About Trolls; Kisses Aaradhya On Lips In This Cute Pic!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Got Very Less Screen Time In Fanney Khan! Then Why Did She Sign The Film?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Knows Her 'Angel' Aaradhya Is The CUTEST & Makes Sure The World Agrees Too!
Since the day actor Salman Khan has been appointed as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian contingent at Rio Olympics, it has kicked up a storm of debates and many people are expressing their disappointment over this step on the social media.
But now, actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, the ex-girlfriend of Salman Khan, lends her support to Salman Khan and said it's wonderful.
Check Out Salman's Pictures From The Press Conference Here:
At the L'Oreal event she said, "Anybody who is doing good to represent the country and anybody who is working or seeking or standing out for whatever vocation we have in the country be it sports, arts or music, I think that's wonderful and needs to be recognised."
On the other side, when Mumbai Mirror got in touch with the veteran sportsperson Milkha Singh to comment on the Bajrangi Bhaijaan actor's appointment, he said, "India has produced so many sportsperson who have given their sweat and blood for the country like PT Usha, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Ajit Pal and so many others. One of these could have been made a good will ambassador. What was the need to import a person from Bollywood?"
Probably, this statement of Milkha singh didn't go well with Salman's father Salim Khan and he ended up posting controversial tweets, which landed him in trouble. He wrote, "Milkhaji it is not Bollywood it is the Indian Film Industry and that too the largest in the world. The same industry which resurrected you from fading away in oblivion."
These tweets of Salim Khan irked many twitteratis including Pooja Bhatt and the actress wrote, "Whether the film Industry resurrected Milkha Singh or whether Milkha Singh resurrected the film industry is an absurdly, distasteful debate." She later added, "Could the film be made if Milkha Singh wasn't the man he was & did not achieve what he did in the first place? We all know,NOT. Hence,respect."