- Aishwarya Rai Remembers Nelson Mandela On His 100th Birth Anniversary, Shares A Throwback Picture!
- Bank Union: Amitabh Bachchan & Shweta Nanda’s Jewellery Ad Is Disgusting & Derogatory
- Amitabh Bachchan-Shweta Bachchan's First Ad Is Going Viral For All The Emotional Reasons!
- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
- Amitabh Bachchan Has A Funny Take On His Family Picture & We Couldn't Agree More!
- Uh Oh! Amitabh Bachchan Was Mistaken For Salman Khan In Glasgow & Twitteratis Aren't Very Amused!
- Ranbir Kapoor Terribly Excited About Brahmastra, Reveals A Shocking Detail About The Film!
- When Amitabh Bachchan Was SLAPPED By A Langur On A Film's Set For Ignoring Him!
The Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, whose wise words never fail to impress us, shared a hearttouching letter for his granddaughters Aaradhya Bachchan & Navya Naveli Nanda on Twitter. The letter may be addressed to his granddaughters, but surely it can make any girl emotional then and there!
The letter starts with, "My very dearest Navya and Aaradhya. You both carry a very valuable legacy on your tender shoulders - Aaradhya, the legacy of your pardadaji, Dr Harivansh Rai Bachchan... and Navya, the legacy of your pardadaji, Shri HP Nanda."
Read In The 11 Slides Below, The Entire Letter:
Excerpts From Big B's Letter
"Both your pardadajis gave your present surnames celebrated fame, dignity and recognition. Both of you may be a Nanda or a Bachchan, but you are also girls... women."
"When People Will Tell You How To Behave"
"And because you are women people, will force their thinking, their boundaries on you. They will tell you how to dress, how to behave, who you can meet and where you can go."
"Make Your Own Choices"
"Don't live in the shadows of people's judgement. Make your own choices in the light of your own wisdom. Don't let anyone make you believe that the length of your skirt is a measure of your character."
"Get Married When YOU Want To"
"Don't let anyone's opinion of who you should be friends with, dictate who you will be friends with. Don't get married for any other reason other than you want to get married."
"Never Worry About – Log Kya Kahenge"
"People will talk. They shall say some terrible things. But that doesn't mean you have to listen to everyone. Never ever worry about - log kya kahenge."
"Don't Let Others Make Your Decision For You"
"At the end of the day, you are the only one who will face the consequences of your actions, so don't let other people make your decisions for you."
"Navya - the privilege your name, your surname offers you, will not protect you from the difficulties you will face because you're a woman."
"Aaradhya - by the time you see and understand this, I may well not be around. But I think what I am saying today shall still be relevant."
"Be The Change"
"This may be a difficult, difficult world to be a woman. But I believe that it is women like you that will change that."
"Set An Example For Others"
"It may not be easy, setting your own boundaries, making your own choices, rising above people‘s judgement. But you, you can set an example for women everywhere."
The Last Lines Of Big B's Letter
"Do this and you would have done more than I have ever done, and it will be my honour to be known not as Amitabh Bachchan, but as your grandfather."
On the work front, Amitabh Bachchan will be next seen in Pink. The The crime thriller also casts Taapsee Pannu, Kirti Kulhari and Andrea Taring in lead roles and is scheduled to release on September 16.
Pink revolves around three girls who were trapped in a criminal case. They are tried in the court for an attempt to murder case and defaming some men.
Amitabh Bachchan who will be seen playing a lawyer in Shoojit Sarkar's upcoming film 'Pink' said the film is not about rape but the situations that exist today.
"I think that the film talks about the current situation especially, for the younger generation. The story is based in Delhi and I just want to make it clear that Pink isn't about rape but it is about circumstances that exist in the city of Delhi and most part of the country."