TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Rock On was India's first ever movie that touched the subject of 'rock music' in India and all the songs had a similar vibe of rock which the audiences loved as it was different from the general Bollywood music. The songs ended up being superhits and expectations were quite high for the songs of Rock On 2. However, none of the songs from the sequel has connected with the audiences and now Farhan Akhtar is pitching the songs as "mood-related" and "it will take time to grow".
"This movie's music is not your off-the-shelf kind. You can't play it at a party. It's more mood-related, so it will take time to grow. I stay in touch with the music company and the marketing department of various places. There is a gradual trend of it getting more appreciated and as we get closer to the release, I'm sure it will take on its own meaning," said Farhan Akhtar.
He adds, "There is a lot more thinking that has gone into it because it can't be anything like the first, so there were certain restrictions. We couldn't have had a film where the band members can't get along with each other again. So the plan was to figure out what to do with new talent that comes along. It's Shraddha's character that is the catalyst for the band to rekindle their love for music."
Rock On 2 starring Farhan Akhtar, Arjun Rampal, Purab Kohli, Prachi Desai and Sharddha Kapoor is all set to hit the theatres on November 11, 2016. We hope Rock On 2 to be as successful as its prequel Rock On.